Friday, January 23, 2009

Galactica vs. Lost - I'm not so sure

My sister says that Battlestar Galactica is her 2nd favorite tv show (Lost is her first). I concur that as far as tv shows go that they are better than most. I'm not sure I can compare the two shows and declare a favorite.
I simply love the dramatic storytelling of BSG - it's grittiness and drama. There's so much as stake in BSG - the space refugees attempting to save the entire human race from extinction. It's a show about pain and sacrifice, suffering and redemption.
Lost is great too and has all those things - yet in someways - it's just a little more campy than BSG. I love it and I'm slowly continuing to read books from the Lost book list. I really enjoy the adventure and the music makes my heart beat fastier sometimes.
BSG finishes up in nine more episodes. Lost has two more years to go. I will continue to enjoy both and decide for sure once the complete stories have been told. I still have a slight feeling that the writers/producers of one or the other may let us all down in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment